Goals in the conversation bot allow you to mark important trigger points or benchmarks in the conversation.
These are configurable places/ nodes in the bot where you’d like to note that the user has completed a task which you’d like to record for analytics purposes or trigger a next action in the Journey Builder based on the goal completion in the bot
- Click on Conversation bot in the main tool bar.
- The Conversation bot creation page will open in a new tab.
- Click on Create New Bot in the conversation bot creation page.
- Open the bot editor, find the node that is a significant event in your bot, click it so that the node editor opens in the side panel.
- Scroll to the bottom, open the Additional Options.
- In the dropdown menu, select the goal you’d like to use for this node.
- Or, if your goal hasn’t been created yet, create a new goal.
- After clicking Update Node, you’ll see now that your node has now been marked with a goal.