If our pre-built journeys don’t serve your purpose you can also create your own journey, let’s take a look at how to create a journey to welcome a new user who fills a contact form on your Website.
To create this customer journey, perform the following steps:
- Login to Factoreal.
- Click Journeys. You are now in the Journey dashboard page, where you can see all the active journeys, their metrics and also create new journeys.
- Click Create New Journey.
- Click Blank Journey Canvas. The vacant left hand side is your canvas (workspace) where you can drag and drop journey components.
- Click and drag a Start Block into the canvas (in this case let’s choose Trigger). The journey will begin whenever any user fills a form on your website, let’s say a contact us form or a sign up form.
- Choose Form in Select Trigger Category.
- Select Form Submitted in Select Form Trigger.
- In Select Form, select the form of your choice.
- Click Save. Note: Your form must be created using Factoreal. Whatever forms you have created using Factoreal, will get listed in the trigger module here, and you can then select on which form fill you want this journey to be triggered. You now have the first Form Trigger ready. Now as soon as a contact fills the form we want to send a welcome email.
- Drag the Send Email block.
- Give a suitable subject line.
- You can also personalize the email by including first name or any other attribute.
- Enter the sender details. The sender email drop-down will list all the sender emails you have configured in the settings initially.
- Select the email template or you can create your email from scratch. In this case we select an existing template.
- Now the Action block has been covered, so we have a trigger and an action block.
- Drag and drop between every block to create a connection between the block denoted by an arrow as shown in the image above. Now, let’s say you want to wait until 2 days and send a second email based on whether the contact opened the first email or not.
- To do this, drag the Wait Until block.
- Select Email, select the email trigger as When an email is opened.
- Here go to Journey List, and select Current Journey. This is because you are checking the email trigger on the email you are sending as a part of your current journey.
- From the drop-down, select the welcome email.
- Configure the time as 2 days.
- Click Save. Now, you will see 2 paths, 1 success, the contacts opening the email within 2 days will take this path of the journey and failure, the contacts not opening the emails will take the other path of the journey.
- In the success path, drag and drop another Send Email block and configure the email subject line and sender details. Since this person has shown interest in your first email you can send a second mail with some offer.
- Once you select the template, click Save.
- In the failure path, drag and drop a Send Email block and configure the email subject line and sender details. Since this person has not shown interest in your first email you can send a second reminder email talking about how your business can benefit him.
- Once you select the template, click Save. Now in the success path, after the send email block, follow the same steps.
- Drag and drop a Wait Until block and configure it to wait for 2 days until the second email is clicked.
- Drag and drop an Add contact to a list block and select a list which saves all your active contacts.
- In the failure path, since your contact did not open the second email, drag and drop an Add contact to a list block and select a list that saves all your inactive contacts.
- Click Save. In the failure path, after send email block, drag and drop another Wait Until block, select the trigger as email select the reminder email from the drop-down list and time as 2 days. This block will check if the contact opened the second email or not.
- Click Save when you are done.
- In the success path, which means the contact, opened the email and is active, drag and drop an Add contact to a list block and select a list that saves all your active contacts.
- In the failure path, since your contact did not open any of the emails, drag and drop an Add contact to a list block and select a list that saves all your inactive contacts. Click Save.
- You have created the workflow, now make sure that all your blocks are connected properly.
- Once you are satisfied with the journey, click Validate.
- Give a name to your journey here and click Save.
- Select an End Time for the journey.
- Select a Purpose, which can be Acquisition, Nurture or Purchase.
- Click Activate Journey.